Despite the challenges of the current Coronavirus situation, we understand that the need for care for our loved ones doesn’t simply stop. We have a handful of residential spaces available for those in need and want to reassure you that we are taking the utmost care, with the strictest measures in place, to ensure that the health of our residents and staff is protected as stringently as possible.
New Residents Procedure
Our process for accepting new residents has been developed under strict professional guidance, in-line with best practice guidelines from the Government and Public Health England. Currently, this looks as follows:
- Potential residents/ families of residents are able to view the home following a NEGATIVE LFT test prior to entry. (two people may view wearing protective masks).
- Residents are then given a remote assessment over the phone to establish their individual care needs if transferring from another care facility, or may attend an assessment at the home following a negative LFT test.
- Once a resident decides to join us, they are welcomed to the Home along with one family member; both of whom are required to undergo infection control measures and wear protective masks en route to their room
- The new resident is then required to isolate for 7 days in their room, cared for by our expert staff
- Once no signs of infection are assured, our new residents are able to fully integrate within our home community. Residents are currently permitted two named visitors inside the home (Following a NEGATIVE LFT test) and anyone can visit at the window.
At Charlton Kings Care Home, we are treating the current Coronavirus situation with the utmost gravity. Fortunately, we currently do not have any cases – or symptoms of- Coronavirus amongst our staff or residents, and take daily measures to ensure we remain this way; recording the daily temperatures of all staff and residents, having daily calls with a GP to discuss residents’ health and requiring any visiting professionals to undergo testing before entering the home.
If you would like to enquire about residential care within our home, or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.